Telemedicine connects SVMC’s top-notch physicians with specialists from Dartmouth-Hitchcock to treat complex conditions right here, close to home.
• TeleEmergency service is currently available within SVMC’s emergency department.
• TeleNeurology service is available for inpatients as well as in the emergency department.
• TeleICU service will launch in the fall of 2017.
• Specialists are located at either Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Center for Connected Care in Lebanon, NH, or through a company called Avera Health, the largest telehealth
provider in the nation.
$200,000 for the Telemedicine Initiative in fiscal year 2017.
The newly expanded SVMC Orthopedics team is partnering with Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine as their first satellite data collection site. The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Orthopedic Research and Education Endowment at Southwestern Vermont Health Care is driven by the D-H GreenCare Model, which is a best practice-based orthopedic program focused on improving outcomes, enhancing efficiency, and ensuring quality.
• The Aircast Foundation has generously awarded a $100,000 grant in support of expanding SVMC’s data collection.
• Additional support is needed from individuals, foundations, and grants as we aim to build the research endowment over the next five years.
• The funds will work to improve orthopedic outcomes, and serve to set a standard for orthopedic health care here and nationwide.
$100,000 for the GreenCare Model research endowment in fiscal year 2017.